Thursday, March 27, 2008

Elite Eight

Looking good Carolina. And I guess I get to watch the games because the point spread gets even better once I settle in. Unlike Em who cannot watch because things begin to fall apart every time she does. When she was here, we had the game on the radio going to the aquarium and we would turn up the volume occasionally to catch the score and then turn it back down again. Taking NO chances.

My heel seems to be healing. Yeah!! Like Donny says, now it is hard to believe it ever hurt so badly. But it did, definitely. I broke down Monday and bought some Crocs because Cathie said her doc told her they were very good for plantar fascia and/or heel spurs. I was pleasantly surprised when I got to the shoe store to discover there were Crocs that I actually liked. New styles way beyond the old regular style which did not fit me anyway. I got two pairs. My favorite is a pair of Carolina blue fur lined (that can be popped out for washing) slip ons. I wore them to yoga today.

When I got up I thought my heel was not ready even for yoga but then I decided that some yoga was better than none and since it was pillow day I went. But I am letting that count for MEE30 as I am still limping a bit.

Em called today looking for a colonial costume for Jessica, Chrissy's 9 year old. I dug in the costume closet which has not been purged yet and found the costumes I made for all of us for the 400th celebration. A bit of washing and dying brought new life to Em's costume which should fit Jessica with only a bit of altering.

Tuesday was Jenn's birthday and we tried to sing happy birthday to her but called after she had already gone to bed. That's a new mom for you! Retiring early.

Well tonight I am retiring later than usual but that is because I have gotten lots of extra sleep and no tiring workouts because of said heel.

Just got a text from a friend who is in LA visiting the grands. She wants a cranial when she gets back to town. It will be good to see her again. Her oldest daughter and Donald went to the 8th grade dance together. Just a fun piece of trivia.

Ciao!!

No comments: