13+ run/walk miles today in the humid sub-tropics. The best half was a long run on the flat beach of South Nags Head. A nice ocean breeze cooled things off a lot.
In our travels we have lost and found a variety of objects starting with my car key, which I actually lost well before we began our Marathoning. Since we were circling the monument that day it was basically a matter of recircling until said key was spied.
From there we jump into Marathon training and the list of things l&f while running reads like this:
1. one cheap watch lost and found when not even bothering to look for it.
2. one expensive digital camera lost and found when seriously looking for it
3. one jacket lost and found when neither of us even realized it was lost (we were circling the monument that day too)
4. one crystal lost, among the briars we thought, and then found in the laundry weeks later (okay so not while running but still found)
5. one 5K bib lost and then found two weeks later quite by happenstance.
6. AND, the latest, one gel energy pack lost but not worth looking for when we discovered the casualty miles later. Curses, I think, there goes our perfect l&f record. We'll never find such a small thing, it could be anywhere. Oh me of little faith, upon our return, which was not an exact repeat of the going out course, we find ourselves eventually back on the original trail anyway and therein layeth the lost gel pack squished once by a bicycle but mostly intact.
We take all this to signify, we occasionally wander but are pretty much on the right course.