Friday, November 14, 2008

Visiting Benjamin on the Way to San Antonio


Mr B
Originally uploaded by wellingtonrabbit
On our way to San Antonio we stopped to check in on Benjamin. And we found him just getting up from his morning nap and ready to visit. He demonstrated his soccer kick exercises and showed off his baby talking. Andrew said it is really hard to catch him smiling with a digital camera and so I felt happy to get this start to a smile. Mr B worked on his laugh playing a flying fingers game with me. I think we wore him out because he was not fussy but definitely ready for a nap when it was time for us to get back on the road.

I was so involved in getting past the OBX Marathon that I did not think to get up with Sarah to see if she could bring Edward over. We had talked to Andrew on his birthday and that was as far as I got making family contacts prior to the race.

Donald will attest to this as he chided me with a chuckle about giving him relatively no head's up about stopping for dinner with them. Even at that he had delicious cookies ready for the balance of our road trip and we did have a nice dinner with Lorrie Bradley joining in.

Then it was back on the road to Texas for us.

No comments: