Sunday, April 27, 2008

Blog On Blog On blog On



I don't think I quite realized how really TIRED I was after my crazy marathon schedule. Starting in September 2006 and stopping in November 2007 (but not completely, just for awhile) I ran 7 full marathons and 6 half marathons. My time was slow but it was consistent and that included the finale when I ran two marathons on consecutive Sunday's.

At that it took a tear in my plantar facia to slow me down because I am still in training for the next interesting looking event. The body does know best. After the tear in which I ended up hobbling, I dropped all workouts including yoga because it hurt to stand for any length of time and simply slept in as my workouts are on a morning clock.

It was wonderful. I missed seeing my gal pals but the sleep was delicious. I am now back in class but taking it slow. I go with option #1, the easy choice, in Cathie's step class.

A gardening friend gave me a huge hollyhock Friday and I am striving to help it through the transplant shock. We have a nasty looking channel marker we planted beside the driveway years ago after Donny swam it home. It is showing the test of time and needed to go but would not be pulled up even with help from machinery so I am thinking that the hollyhock will be a good way to conceal it.

Stephen's birthday party was really nice. We all (to include the McKays) hung out and visited while eating tasty hamburgers and hot dogs the men cooked and just plain relaxed. Donny and the guys put together the new portable basketball system which now boosts an oval rim as I stepped off of the base too soon and the whole thing toppled over. Luckily no one was in range. Would you call that a self christening?

No comments: